Information updated as of July 2nd 2021
Past information kept online for reference on ways to travel to Roatan which may be available soon!!
– Miami to Roatan with American Airlines.
– Dallas to Roatan with American Airlines.
– Atlanta to Roatan with Delta Airlines.
– Houston to Roatan with United Airlines.
– Toronto and Montreal to Roatan with SunWing.
– Toronto and Montreal to Roatan with Transat.
– San Salvador to Roatan with Avianca (connecting to all international flights for USA, Central and South America arriving/departing with Avianca).
– Belize City to Roatan with Tropic Air (connecting to all international flights arriving/departing Belize).
– Miami to Roatan with Cayman Airways (with one stop on Grand Cayman).
– Tampa to Roatan with Cayman Airways (with one stop on Grand Cayman).
– New York to Roatan with Cayman Airways (with one stop on Grand Cayman).
– Kingston to Roatan with Cayman Airways (with one stop on Grand Cayman).
– Grand Cayman to Roatan with Cayman Airways.
Local Honduran Airlines, Islena, Sosa, Lanhsa & CM Airlines have numerous daily flights to/from Roatan from San Pedro Sula, Tegucigalpa, La Ceiba, Utila and Guanaja.
La Ceiba is the access point by ferry to Roatan, bus connections are available through San Pedro Sula and Tegucigalpa.
The Galaxy Wave Ferry departs from the dock “Muelle de Cabotaje” in La Ceiba to Roatan twice daily (9:30 AM and 4:30PM) and from Roatan to La Ceiba twice daily (7.00 AM and 2.00 AM). The Galaxy Wave Ferry dock in Roatan is located at Dixon Cove half way between French Harbour and Coxen Hole.
Roatan has been rated as one of the best ports to visit in the Caribbean. There are two modern port facilities on the island, the Port of Roatan in Coxen Hole and Magohany Bay Cruise Terminal in Dixon Cove. Cruiselines visiting Roatan include: Norwegian Cruiseline, Carnival Cruises, Royal Caribbean International, Princess Cruises, Regent Seven Seas Cruises and Costa Crociere.
Visas and Immigration
The passport expiration date should be checked before you purchase your tickets. If your passport expires in less than 3 months from the planned travel date, you may be denied entry into the country. Airlines may turn away passengers in their countries of origin, preventing them from departing for Honduras if the passports are too close to the expiration date.
Visas are automatically granted upon arrival to travelers that do not have legal residency in Honduras unless the travelers passport is from one of the countries listed. If your country does appear in the list, you should apply for a visa with your local Honduras consulate prior to traveling. Most travelers will enter under a tourist / business visa.
Length of Stay: You may stay in Honduras for up to three months with a tourist visa. A visa may not be extended beyond three months – you must leave Honduras for no less than three days. The immigration you complete for entry into the country asks if you have been away from the country for at least 3 days.
Departure Tax: All passengers leaving Roatan from the airport must pay a departure tax, $39.12 for visitors, $36.72 for foreign residents and 45 lempiras for Hondurans. Departing passengers first check in at the airline counter, then pay the departure tax at the Lafise bank inside the airport, and then go to customs to have their passports stamped.
Vaccinations: Yellow fever vaccination is required if arriving from countries where there is a risk of transmission of yellow fever or any other like rubella, rabies, hepatitis A, and others.
Please confirm visa requirements with your airline prior to purchasing your tickets.
Provide the following documentation for presentation to the Honduran consulate if you are required to obtain a visa prior to traveling:
• (2) Passport size photos
• Photocopy of passport photo page
• Photocopy of residence card or a previous visa stamped in passport
• Please contact your Honduran consulate for a complete list.
For a complete list of countries for which Advance Visa Application is required to contact the Honduran Institute of Tourism at: www.iht.hn