As flights and entry requirements continue to change we recommend joining the Roatan Travel Discussion group for all the latest information and to have any questions answered, sign up by clicking here: www.facebook.com/groups/1106207316182308/
New Release No. 014
The National Risk Management System in compliance with the provisions of the PCM-077-2020 approved by the Constitutional President of the Republic of the council of Secretaries of State on the date of August 9th of 2020 to the national foreign community we inform:
1. That Phase 2 has begun of the TECHNICAL OPERATIONAL STRATEGY FOR THE ACTIVATION OF COMMERCIAL AIR TRANSPORT.
2. That by the tenth (10) of August of 2020, it is projected the activation of air transport of passengers, load, and mail, in the following airports:
- International Airport Toncontin, in the city of Tegucigalpa, with their attention hours being from Monday to Sunday from 7:00 in the morning until 5:00 in the evening.
- International Airport Ramon Villeda Morales, in the city of San Pedro Sula with their attention hours being from Monday to Saturday from 7:00 in the morning until 5:00 in the evening.
- International Airport Juan Manuel Galvez, in the city of Roatan with their attention hours being from Monday to Saturday from 7:00 in the morning until 5:00 in the evening.
- International Airport Goloson, in the city of La Ceiba with their attention hours being from Monday to Saturday from 7:00 in the morning until 5:00 in the evening.
3. For the 17th of August 2020, it is projected the activation of the international air transport, which is conditioned to:
- Analysis and approval of the International Committee to verify the results of the opening of national flights.
- Operation restrictions in the airports.
- New itineraries agreed with the different actors of civil aviation.
- Compliance with the measures established in this communication.
4. That for purposes of mobilization to and from the airports you must carry your air ticket either in digital or physical from, which will be valid only for travelers, including Saturdays.
5. It is strictly forbidden to circulate and enter the air terminals of any person who is not a passenger, with the exception of the accompanying passenger of the elderly, people with limited mobility and minors who travel alone whose parents or guardians must do the respective procedure.
6. To ensure the effectiveness of the biosecurity procedures implemented in air transportation, an expedited procedure has been established that involves new requirements in addition to the requirements for entering / leaving the country determined in the immigration and Foreigner Law, which are:
a) Complete the information in https://prechequeo.inm.gob.hn de:
(i) Health Surveillance Sheet
(iii) Submit a Sworn Statement that will be submitted to the country’s health regulations.
(iv) Customs Form
(b) All passengers must present a negative result of the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test in real time or rapid test with a minimum specify of 85% Sensitivity 98% for COVID – 19, carried out in a period not greater than seventy-two (72) hours before entering the country. In unforeseen circumstances, the passenger will undergo a clinical evaluation by the staff of the international Health Office.
(c)You must comply with the Protocol established in the International Health Regulations at the time of entry into the country (clinical evaluation and mandatory quarantine) if the health authority determines so.
(d) Comply with the other biosafety measures established in the Protocols of the Secretary of State in the Health Office (mandatory use of a mask)
(e) All travelers must ensure that they meet the requirements to leave the country and enter the country of destination. The fulfillment of the requirements is the responsibility of the passenger.
If a foreign passenger develops symptoms of acute respiratory infection or shows signs or symptoms compatible with a contagious disease, including COVID-19, they will undergo the process established in the protocol of biosecurity measures of international airports in Honduras (Civil Aviation Industry) Section 7 and 8 of the handling of suspicious cases in airports and aircraft.
We reiterate to the populations to take into account all the biosecurity measures that have been implemented in the air terminals and aircraft and to be at least three (3) hours before their trip in the corresponding air terminal.
Comayaguela, Central District Municipally, of 10 days of the month of August of 2020.