Live music makes everything better! On Roatan, we appreciate our local and expat musicians who make the rounds playing at various bars and restaurants throughout the week. If you’re looking for a great place to enjoy a show while on the island, here is our Top 5 list of places you can’t miss!
5. Sundowners: This famous bar in West End boasts a beautiful sunset view right on the beach of Half Moon Bay. When they also have live music, it’s a fantastic hangout spot where you can sit at the bar, in a lounge chair on the beach, or around the bonfire in the sand and still listen to a great show. They usually post on Facebook when they’re hosting live music – or you can always just ask at the bar whenever you’re passing by.
4. Bananarama/Thirsty Turtle: The Thirsty Turtle is the main restaurant and bar located at Bananarama Dive & Beach Resort in West Bay. Head there several nights a week for live music where you can enjoy a great meal with your feet in the sand. This is a really family-friendly resort, so feel free to bring the kids for games of giant Jenga or Connect-Four while you enjoy the show. For the adults, enjoy the adjoined Caribbean Fish Therapy experience right at the restaurant. A pedicure courtesy of tiny little fish while you listen to live music on the beach: it doesn’t get much more perfect than that!
3. Dix Half Way Inn: Located on Half Moon Bay in West End, Dix offers an eclectic menu featuring seafood, Tex-Mex, and more! Their live music is perfect to enjoy while eating a meal on the deck overlooking the water, or while hanging out at their circular bar with friends and jamming out with the show. Expect to hear everything from steel drums to country drawls with their various weekly artists. Check their Facebook page for schedule information.
2. BJs Backyard: Located on the water in historic Oak Ridge, BJs Backyard offers a wonderfully entertaining experience on Friday afternoons. Head there around lunchtime to listen – or to join – their weekly jam session. Who performs is up to the crowd; so if you’re a musician, feel free to join in the fun! With its location right on the water, you can enjoy some tunes while watching the boats come and go all day long.
1. Beachers: Beachers is located on West Bay Beach and is the place to go for Sunday Fun-day. All-day happy hour and live music at night make for a great way to enjoy the sun, sand, and to make some new friends. Beachers offers plenty of lounge chairs with bar and food service coming to you – even if you’re wading in the ocean! Be sure not to miss this all-day event, but be sure to bring your sunscreen!
Check with your hotel or property manager to see if there are any special performances or events happening while you’re visiting. The many musicians on Roatan often come together for beach parties and other collaborative efforts, so be sure to take advantage of the wonderful talent we have to offer!